What is Grayscale?Grayscale is the company that created the ETHE product. Their website is https://grayscale.co/
What is ETHE?ETHE is essentially a stock that intends to loosely track the price of ETH. It does so by having each ETHE be backed by a specific amount of ETH that is held on chain. Initially, the newly minted ETHE can only be purchased by institutions and accredited investors directly from Grayscale. Once a year has passed (6 months for GBTC) it can then be listed on the OTCQX Best Market exchange for secondary trading. Once listed on OTCQX, anyone investor can purchase at this point. Additional information on ETHE can be found here.
So ETHE is an ETF?No. For technical reasons beyond my personal understandings it is not labeled an ETF. I know it all flows back to the “Securities Act Rule 144”, but due to my limited knowledge on SEC regulations I don’t want to misspeak past that. If anyone is more knowledgeable on the subject I am happy to input their answer here.
How long has ETHE existed?ETHE was formed 12/14/2017. GBTC was formed 9/25/2013.
How is ETHE created?The trust will issue shares to “Authorized Participants” in groups of 100 shares (called baskets). Authorized Participants are the only persons that may place orders to create these baskets and they do it on behalf of the investor.
How does Grayscale acquire the ETH to collateralize the ETHE product?An Investor may acquire ETHE by paying in cash or exchanging ETH already owned.
Where does Grayscale store their ETH? Does it have a specific wallet address we can follow?ETH is stored with Coinbase Custody Trust Company, LLC. I am unaware of any specific address or set of addresses that can be used to verify the ETH is actually there.
Can ETHE be redeemed for ETH?No, currently there is no way to give your shares of ETHE back to Grayscale to receive ETH back. The only method of getting back into ETH would be to sell your ETHE to someone else and then use those proceeds to buy ETH yourself.
Why are they not redeeming shares?I think the report summarizes it best:
Redemptions of Shares are currently not permitted and the Trust is unable to redeem Shares. Subject to receipt of regulatory approval from the SEC and approval by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the Trust may in the future operate a redemption program. Because the Trust does not believe that the SEC would, at this time, entertain an application for the waiver of rules needed in order to operate an ongoing redemption program, the Trust currently has no intention of seeking regulatory approval from the SEC to operate an ongoing redemption program.Source: Redemption Procedures on page 41 of the “Grayscale Ethereum Trust Annual Report (2019)” – Located Here
What is the fee structure?ETHE has an annual fee of 2.5%. GBTC has an annual fee of 2.0%. Fees are paid by selling the underlying ETH / BTC collateralizing the asset.
What is the ratio of ETH to ETHE?At the time of posting (6/19/2020) each ETHE share is backed by .09391605 ETH. Each share of GBTC is backed by .00096038 BTC.
Why is the ratio not 1:1? Why is it always decreasing?While I cannot say for certain why the initial distribution was not a 1:1 backing, it is more than likely to keep the price down and allow more investors a chance to purchase ETHE / GBTC.
I keep hearing about how this is locked supply… explain?As noted above, there is currently no redemption program for converting your ETHE back into ETH. This means that once an ETHE is issued, it will remain in circulation until a redemption program is formed --- something that doesn’t seem to be too urgent for the SEC or Grayscale at the moment. Tiny amounts will naturally be removed due to fees, but the bulk of the asset is in there for good.
The Trust’s ETH will be transferred out of the ETH Account only in the following circumstances: (i) transferred to pay the Sponsor’s Fee or any Additional Trust Expenses, (ii) distributed in connection with the redemption of Baskets (subject to the Trust’s obtaining regulatory approval from the SEC to operate an ongoing redemption program and the consent of the Sponsor), (iii) sold on an as-needed basis to pay Additional Trust Expenses or (iv) sold on behalf of the Trust in the event the Trust terminates and liquidates its assets or as otherwise required by law or regulation.Source: Description of Trust on page 31 of the “Grayscale Ethereum Trust Annual Report (2019)” – Located Here
Grayscale now owns a huge chunk of both ETH and BTC’s supply… should we be worried about manipulation, a sell off to crash the market crash, a staking cartel?First, it’s important to remember Grayscale is a lot more akin to an exchange then say an investment firm. Grayscale is working on behalf of its investors to create this product for investor control. Grayscale doesn’t ‘control’ the ETH it holds any more then Coinbase ‘controls’ the ETH in its hot wallet. (Note: There are likely some varying levels of control, but specific to this topic Grayscale cannot simply sell [legally, at least] the ETH by their own decision in the same manner Coinbase wouldn't be able to either.)
Yes, but what about [insert criminal act here]…Alright, yes. Technically nothing is stopping Grayscale from selling all the ETH / BTC and running off to the Bahamas (Hawaii?). BUT there is no real reason for them to do so. Barry is an extremely public figure and it won’t be easy for him to get away with that. Grayscale’s Bitcoin Trust creates SEC reports weekly / bi-weekly and I’m sure given the sentiment towards crypto is being watched carefully. Plus, Grayscale is making tons of consistent revenue and thus has little to no incentive to give that up for a quick buck.
That’s a lot of ‘happy little feels’ Bob, is there even an independent audit or is this Tether 2.0?Actually yes, an independent auditor report can be found in their annual reports. It is clearly aimed more towards the financial side and I doubt the auditors are crypto savants, but it is at least one extra set of eyes. Auditors are Friedman LLP – Auditor since 2015.
The company’s auditors Friedman LLP were also coincidentally TetheBitfinex’s auditors until They controversially parted ways in 2018 when the Tether controversy was at its height. I am not suggesting for one moment that there is anything shady about DCG - I just find it interesting it’s the same auditor.
“Grayscale sounds kind of lame” / “Not your keys not your crypto!” / “Why is anyone buying this, it sounds like a scam?”Welp, for starters this honestly is not really a product aimed at the people likely to be reading this post. To each their own, but do remember just because something provides no value to you doesn’t mean it can’t provide value to someone else. That said some of the advertised benefits are as follows:
Why is there a premium? Why is ETHE’s premium so insanely high compared to GBTC’s premium?There are a handful of theories of why a premium exists at all, some even mentioned in the annual report. The short list is as follows:
Are there any other differences between ETHE and GBTC?I touched on a few of the smaller differences, but one of the more interesting changes is GBTC is now a “SEC reporting company” as of January 2020. Which again goes beyond my scope of knowledge so I won’t comment on it too much… but the net result is GBTC is now putting out weekly / bi-weekly 8-K’s and annual 10-K’s. This means you can track GBTC that much easier at the moment as well as there is an extra layer of validity to the product IMO.
I’m looking for some statistics on ETHE… such as who is buying, how much is bought, etc?There is a great Q1 2020 report I recommend you give a read that has a lot of cool graphs and data on the product. It’s a little GBTC centric, but there is some ETHE data as well. It can be found here hidden within the 8-K filings.Q1 2020 is the 4/16/2020 8-K filing.
Is Grayscale only just for BTC and ETH?No, there are other products as well. In terms of a secondary market product, ETCG is the Ethereum Classic version of ETHE. Fun Fact – ETCG was actually put out to the secondary market first. It also has a 3% fee tied to it where 1% of it goes to some type of ETC development fund.
Are there alternatives to Grayscale?I know they exist, but I don’t follow them. I’ll leave this as a “to be edited” section and will add as others comment on what they know.
Coinshares (Formerly XBT provider) are the only similar product I know of. BTC, ETH, XRP and LTC as Exchange Traded Notes (ETN).
It looks like they are fully backed with the underlying crypto (no premium).
Denominated in SEK and EUR. Certainly available in some UK pensions (SIPP).
As asked by pegcity - Okay so I was under the impression you can just give them your own ETH and get ETHE, but do you get 11 ETHE per ETH or do you get the market value of ETH in USD worth of ETHE?I have always understood that the ETHE issued directly through Grayscale is issued without the premium. As in, if I were to trade 1 ETH for ETHE I would get 11, not say only 2 or 3 because the secondary market premium is so high. And if I were paying cash only I would be paying the price to buy 1 ETH to get my 11 ETHE. Per page 39 of their annual statement, it reads as follows:
The Trust will issue Shares to Authorized Participants from time to time, but only in one or more Baskets (with a Basket being a block of 100 Shares). The Trust will not issue fractions of a Basket. The creation (and, should the Trust commence a redemption program, redemption) of Baskets will be made only in exchange for the delivery to the Trust, or the distribution by the Trust, of the number of whole and fractional ETH represented by each Basket being created (or, should the Trust commence a redemption program, redeemed), which is determined by dividing (x) the number of ETH owned by the Trust at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the trade date of a creation or redemption order, after deducting the number of ETH representing the U.S. dollar value of accrued but unpaid fees and expenses of the Trust (converted using the ETH Index Price at such time, and carried to the eighth decimal place), by (y) the number of Shares outstanding at such time (with the quotient so obtained calculated to one one-hundred-millionth of one ETH (i.e., carried to the eighth decimal place)), and multiplying such quotient by 100 (the “Basket ETH Amount”). All questions as to the calculation of the Basket ETH Amount will be conclusively determined by the Sponsor and will be final and binding on all persons interested in the Trust. The Basket ETH Amount multiplied by the number of Baskets being created or redeemed is the “Total Basket ETH Amount.” The number of ETH represented by a Share will gradually decrease over time as the Trust’s ETH are used to pay the Trust’s expenses. Each Share represented approximately 0.0950 ETH and 0.0974 ETH as of December 31, 2019 and 2018, respectively.
Dear CoinEx Users:submitted by CoinExcom to u/CoinExcom [link] [comments]
I am Haipo, CEO of CoinEx. The Chinese New Year has just passed and the coronavirus outbreak casts a shadow on society and our hearts. At this moment, I sincerely hope that everyone stay safe and healthy.
From December 24, 2017 to today, CoinEx has been with you for more than two years. Having experienced a rebirth in 2018, CoinEx embarked on a new journey since last year. “Do something that can change the real world with the blockchain.” This is my original intention to create CoinEx, and I hope more people will get to know blockchain through CoinEx. CoinEx always bears in mind the ambition of putting the blockchain to good use and making the world better.
2019 witnessed how CoinEx consolidated the foundation for its ambitions. CoinEx Accelerators, futures, options, CoinEx Lending, CoinEx DEX, CoinEx Chain, the key account privilege system, and a new value system for CET… We have completed what may take others four or five years, but we also know that a complete ecosystem is the first step to achieve our ambitions. CoinEx still has a long way to go, and what we are doing now is just a small part.
With the arrival of 2020, the blockchain world has embraced its eleventh year, and CoinEx has also ushered in its third year of growth. I am very grateful to every user who has always been supporting CoinEx. It is your encouragement along the way that makes it possible for me to share with you our progress in 2019 and look into 2020. Now I’m going to explain to you in details of what CoinEx has gone through in the past year and every new breakthrough it has achieved.
First, users are our first priority: 24-hour online customer service and key account privileges“Users first” is the service principle that CoinEx has always implemented, and the ultimate product experience is our basic practice in abiding by this concept.
As the chief product experience officer of CoinEx, I deliver one idea to the team on many occasions, that is, the most important for a product developer is the ability of instantly changing from an expert to a novice so that he or she can judge and design the product from users’ perspective. We want CoinEx to be a product that can be operated with ease even by a novice and a digital asset service platform that serves as a wallet. I believe that’s exactly what CoinEx means to its users as we really did it.
In addition, in order to serve users around the world, we have launched versions of ten languages, respectively Arabic, Italian, Malaysia, German, Ukraine, Portuguese, French, Turkish, Vietnamese and Indonesian, in 2019. CoinEx has become a global trading platform with the most languages.
High-quality and efficient service represents our efforts to implement the “users first” concept.
In 2019, CoinEx’s global customer service team expanded four times on the original basis, and gradually improved the customer service system in practice. At CoinEx, every customer service personnel must be strictly selected and trained from interview to induction. We strive to ensure that each customer service personnel can be timely, meticulous and professional in answering users’ questions so that our users can enjoy high-quality services. As long as you have any doubt, the CoinEx customer service team will be there for you around the clock.
On September 26, 2019, after months of user surveys and reference to the VIP service cases of hundreds of Fortune 500 companies, we officially launched a privilege program for key users. We must never be unworthy of every user’s trust, and we want every key user to enjoy his or her privileges at CoinEx. In addition to basic customer service, we provide them with “customized fast services” and “customized value-added services” from three aspects: the account, transaction, and service.
Second, build a complete product system: spot, futures, leveraged trading, options, perpetual contracts, CoinEx Lending, and AcceleratorIn order to meet users’ diversified trading needs, we have refined our products carefully, and now we have established a complete product system covering spot, futures, leverage, options, perpetual contracts, wealth management products, and high-quality project accelerators.
To enrich the asset classes of the spot market, the CoinEx Research Institute has dedicated itself to exploring and screening of global blockchain projects last year. At the end of 2019, there were 100 asset classes on CoinEx, a success in fulfilling the target set at the beginning of the year.
For trading depth, we have introduced preferential policies for market makers, which is to cooperate with excellent quantitative teams in the market and run operating campaigns to increase our asset liquidity.
On July 15, 2019, we launched a new trading service — futures contracts, and opened five major trading markets: Binance Coin, Huobi Token, OKB, Polkadot, and Telegram Open Network. At the same time, our original Call Auction along with Short-term/Long-term price limit ensures the stability of Futures market and large fluctuations in futures prices can be avoided.
In 2019, we launched a leverage trading function that allows users to invest more with small funds.
In addition to futures trading, we have also developed perpetual contracts to support the trading of digital currency futures such as BTC, BCH, LTC and ETH to meet the needs of professional traders for high leverage and arbitrage, inter temporal arbitrage and hedging. In the long run, such market is of great positive significance for digital assets.
In August 2019, we successfully launched a new derivatives trading market — options trading, a financial instrument based on futures. Compared with futures trading, options trading features lower risks, helping investors to profit from multiple dimensions.
We launched CoinEx Lending, a wealth management product, which improves our derivatives services and provides users with an additional option for the pursuit of a stable investment. CoinEx Lending will distribute 70% of the platform’s interest from leveraged. Users only need to transfer the idle assets to CoinEx Lending to enjoy daily revenue, further enhancing their asset utilization.
Excavator of quality projects: CoinEx Accelerator
For the past decade since the birth of the blockchain, digital assets and projects have been driving the blockchain to realize its value step by step. As an important exploration of the application of blockchain technology, blockchain projects are often
In 2019, after rigorous screening and in-depth research by the CoinEx Research Institute, the CoinEx Accelerator screened 13 premium blockchain projects including SEELE and BNN for users. These projects have proved excellent in both technology and asset appreciation. Among the ten projects with the highest return on investment according to media statistics in 2019, technology-based SEELE was included in the list with a 400% increase.
At this point, CoinEx has completed the construction of the entire ecosystem for the product system. The cornerstone of the product has been solidified. What we need to do next is to make every function and service perfect.
Third, optimize the team structure and do something interesting with great mindsI once said that I wanted to create a company that is very fun, interesting, and awesome where some great minds are working on something exciting together. I have created the fun and interesting part. The main task of the past year is to find those great minds to join me.
In 2019, the team went through a period of confusion and groping. There are some problems in terms of both staffing and department collaboration. Fortunately, such troubles have been greatly relieved after two organizational structure adjustments.
In September 2019, Eddie, former Marketing Director at Bitmain, officially joined the CoinEx team. Eddie is an all-rounder with extensive experience in market operation and team management. I believe with him working with us, CoinEx will make greater breakthroughs in team management and brand building in the future.
In addition, we have attracted increasing outstanding talents for the past year, and have grown to a team with nearly 100 members. At present, we have established a complete team management system, incentive system and training system. I always believe that only when the team members are united as one and all do a great job, can we provide better services for users.
Fourth, it is the mission of a digital asset service platform to screen high-quality projects: to launch 100 high-quality projectsThe abundant types of trading assets serve as the foundation of a digital asset service platform. In the past year, the CoinEx Research Institute has been committed to exploring and screening high-quality projects worldwide, increasing the types and number of tradable assets for users. I am proud to say that, as of December 31, 2019, CoinEx has launched 100 high-quality blockchain projects. We ensure that every project has undergone in-depth research and investigation by the think tank of the Research Institute, and is finally strictly appraised by the coin issuance decision committee before it goes online. We hope that each CoinEx user can avoid unnecessary risks and rest more assured in investment.
In 2020, we will continue to improve the asset list on CoinEx and provide users with global high-quality blockchain projects to further realize the vision of global and professional cryptocurrency exchange service provider.
Fifth, build the most solid cornerstone of the blockchain: CoinEx Chain, CoinEx DEX, and CETAt present, the public chain, the cornerstone of the blockchain industry, remains the bottleneck of the industry’s development, and the key still lies in technological breakthroughs. In 2019, CoinEx also explored the third generation of public chains. Our solution is three dedicated chains in parallel to achieve both performance and flexibility.
On Nov.11 last year, ViaBTC, Bitmain, Matrixport, and Bitcoin.com jointly launched the Mainnet of CoinEx Chain, a milestone in our journey towards the ambition.
CoinEx DEX is the first application scenario of CoinEx Chain. It is the world’s first DEX dedicated public chain developed on the Tendermint consensus protocol and Cosmos SDK, under the leadership of my good friend Jiazhi Jiang, a senior blockchain technology expert. CoinEx DEX is friendly to ordinary users who have zero experience in digital assets, and has made many innovations in applications and wallets.
After CoinEx Chain and CoinEx DEX went online, CET was also given higher value and mission. As the basic currency of the public chain ecosystem, it has more value sources than the income of the CoinEx platform. Now we can use CET to develop tools at CoinEx DEX, to open accounts, to purchase and modify account names, etc.
Sixth, CoinEx’s ecosystem and partnersIn the past year, besides the fruitful results in products and ecosystem improvements, CoinEx has also gained many like-minded partners.
Market liquidity team
In 2019, CoinEx further upgraded the market maker’s preferential policies. Market makers on other platforms or other excellent maker strategy teams can directly match CoinEx market makers and enjoy privileges at a negligible rate in CoinEx.
CoinEx Chain nodes
On October 16, 2019, CoinEx Chain officially launched the global Node Election plan. We set off from Shenzhen to places such as Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Singapore to host offline campaigns. It’s easy to make new acquaintances, yet those who share the same ideals with you are hard to find. So we really cherish the cooperation with dozens of peers such as Matrixport, Hoo, TokenInsight, BTC.com, Bitcoin.com, Ant Mining Pool, Wayi, and NNB in the construction of the CoinEx Chain ecosystem.
Of course, CoinEx cannot grow without a group of special partners around the world — CoinEx Ambassadors. They commit themselves in work such as community building, promotion and product translation. They all contribute their share to CoinEx.
I would also like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude to the CoinEx Ambassadors.
Seventh, keep moving forward in 2020The year 2020 is a very special year. A considerable part of the important national strategic goals are set to be achieved in this year. Based on an intergenerational interval of a decade, we have entered the third generation of the 21st century.
It is also a year of special significance for CoinEx. This year we will comprehensively upgrade our products to further enhance users’ experience, keep launching high-quality assets online at a steady pace to meet users’ more diversified demands for trading assets, accelerate globalization and compliance across the world, and launch a new Ambassador Program to drive the construction of CoinEx’s community.
As for the CoinEx Chain, we will focus on the development of the Smart Chain, perform two hard fork upgrades on the DEX Chain, and introduce high-quality stable coins, Defi and other applications.
Blessings for the FutureThe blockchain industry is still in its early stage of development, and huge room for growth is expected in the future. What we have to do is to continuously improve our product and service quality, as well as to enrich asset types to better meet user needs.
Again, I would like to express my gratitude to the users who have shown great patience and support to CoinEx, to the CoinEx Chain nodes who have trusted us enough, to the CoinEx Ambassadors who have contributed a lot to our development, and to partners who have been working with us along the way.
I wish you all the best in the new year!
Haipo Yang, CoinEx CEO
I'd like to take the time to reflect on the crazy year that was 2017 for cryptocurrency investors, and weigh in on what we've learned over the past year, while also making a few predictions for the future.
One year feels like a decade in crypto, and so many various forces finally cumulated together in 2017 that we had an explosion of activity that left me feeling both exhausted and exhilarated. We saw LTC go on Coinbase, we saw an ICO rush with new issues like Bancor raising 150mil in 3 hours, we saw the absurdity that is cryptokitties crushing the ETH network, we saw Bitcoin Cash and the shitshow surrounding that, we saw Segwit and the long awaited Bitcoin futures. I will always remember where I was at the moment I watched Bitcoin pass $10,000 on GDAX. I will never forget the sweat as I watched the Gemini Auction for my BTC and then waiting for the payment to settle. And I will never forget the flurry of questions, advice seeking and inquiries from people in December as the media spotlight made cryptocurrencies a mainstream concern. We've come a long way, from the days of being considered oddball technogeeks to now being the vanguard of early adopters.
Some major trends in 2017 and lessons learned
- The Mainstreaming of Cryptocurrencies: This was the year that the "normies" entered crypto in astounding numbers, especially later in the year and cumulating in December. From Ice Tea companies to my hairdresser, everyone wanted to be involved in crypto. New naive money will continue to pump into the market this year, and its important we welcome them while also keeping their expectations grounded in reality. Encouraging new investors with stories of how they can double their investment in a week is not a sustainable method of keeping them interested in crypto.
- ICO Craze: For many 2017 was the year that the ICO. People made a ton of money by getting into ICOs early before a coin became hyped by the marketing efforts. Sites like ICOBench sprung up and provided people an easy way to find new ICOs to invest in, and those who got in could get a handsome profit by buying the coins for pennies then selling them for dimes a few months later at an exchange, with many ICOs offering pre-sale discounts for early registrations. I suspect that this trend will actually die out in 2018 as there seem to be way too many coins coming out now and they won't all be able to pump, we're already seeing ICOs recently getting dumped hard the moment they start trading on an exchange.
- The rapid development of altcoin investment: At the beginning of the year the marketcap for altcoins as just $2 billion. By the end of 2017 it grew to over $370 billion. This was the year that investing in cryptos became about more than just Bitcoin. We saw an explosion of new promising altcoins, Binance launched in July, LTC was added to Coinbase and Ethereum really came into its own as a dominant force. I suspect that this focus on altcoins will continue as its now easier than ever to research and obtain them.
- Resilience in the face of regulation: China banned initial coin offerings and bitcoin exchanges in the first weeks of September. The ban caused a precipitous drop in cryptocurrency flows worldwide and invoked panic within me, with Bitcoin going down to almost $3K. However we recovered surprisingly quick. This is why I wasn't too concerned with the recent news that Korea may crack down on exchanges. Cryptocurrencies are decentralized and distributed, and while government actions certainly can hurt the price in the short term, I think any attempts at increased crackdowns will result in a recovery within a few months. Crypto seems to be a lot more resilient than most people realize to laws trying to destroy it, so don't freak out when you hear a story about increased regulation in the Far East.
- Institutional money coming in: We saw the speculation of an ETF not come to fruition, but in December the CME Group and CBOE started trading futures on Bitcoin. The lead up to this event and the subsequent decline and relative stabilization of Bitcoin will lead to a cascade of effects. We now have a genuine price discovery mechanism that will put downward pressure on BTC with its futures contracts. McAfees predictions of a million dollar BTC are not going to come to fruition now that you can short it.
- Chase for the "next bitcoin": Lambo psychosis dominated and continued into the new year with nearly every coin in the top 100 showing a steep parabolic rise. This is actually something a lot of long term investors find deeply troubling, because now people are hungry for crazy x10 gains within a month and that is simply unsustainable.
Some predictions for the year 2018Decline for Bitcoin
I have a long-standing emotional connection to Bitcoin and really do want it to succeed. But by now even the early adopters have come to accept how far away we are from the original vision of the currency. We are now seeing a decrease in adoption among ecommerce sites, which a sad state of affairs. I'm not so confident that Lighning will be enough at this point. Lightning likely wont be here for at least another 1-2 years and the problem will be user adoption. Segwit gave users a 40% discount on fees, and was a relatively simple upgrade, yet its 2018 and only 8% of transactions come from Segwit addresses. LN is way more difficult to implement, so don't expect it to be useful for at least a year after release. Core developers should have followed through with the New York Agreement and increased the blocksize to 2 MB. It's actually much more practical to scale BTC through miners than users, as most miners abide by the rules of a small set of mining pools and use the same software. Segwit2X was doomed to failure but it had 90% support among miners before the campaign against it started, and even after it had over 70% miner support. I think 70% miner support before a fork is vastly better for initiating a change than 8% user support.
Core team really needs to wake up right away and realize that the continual declines in market dominance are a reflection of Bitcoins failure to find utility, and that the first movers advantage and name brand will not last forever. Unless it solves the problem of insane transaction fees, ballooned mempool size, long transaction times and most of the accounts not even being able to afford to move the balance out I don't see BTC doing anything but declining in market dominance.
Ethereum will become an even more dominant force
I can see the long awaited flipening come in 2018. Ethereum already processes way more transactions than anything else, it already is basically THE platform for new coins and powers so much of the entire cryptocurrency ecosystem. The Constantinople fork and Casper Proof-of-Stake changes should take care of the TPS limitations for the next few years, and I expect to see an explosion of dApps in 2018. Ethereum has tons of developer support behind it and POS means people will want to hold it for the long term. Its already become my #1 core/safe-haven position and I think a 3-5K range in 2018 is completely reasonable.
The emergence of transactable business-oriented blockchains
The last few years were about theory and technological innovation, but I think 2018 will be the year that cryptocurrencies finally start to demonstrate value in solving business problems.
Ultimately a cryptocurrency is pointless if it doesn't solve some transactional problem or alleviate some inefficiency in the value-exchange process. There are several sectors/cases for business users that are ripe for blockchain technology: supply chain, settlement layers between intercurrency transactions, payment processing, offloading processing tasks onto blockchains, identity management...etc.
I expect that transactable coins that actually have functionality will be the big winners. ICX, WTC, VEN, NEO, XLM and others that target enterprise-oriented use cases will likely be the focus over the next year.
The rise of a DAG coin as a standard for transfers between exchanges, most likely Raiblocks (XRB)
Lets be perfectly honest: Right now the vast majority of transactions being conducted on the blockchain is simply moving cryptos around various exchanges. Its quite a nerve-wracking process, watching thousands of dollars sitting unconfirmed on the blockchain explorer for hours is not a pleasant experience. If you move your balances a lot you will end up losing substantial money to transfer fees. This is why I can see a light fast DAG becoming a standard for inter-exchange transfers of funds, specifically XRB after it gets listed on Binance. Being a DAG the process of onboarding isn't as simple as just adding another ERC20 coin, but once the Raiblocks team figures this out on Binance I suspect that adoption will follow quickly to other exchanges. The quick transactions speed and no cost will make it the ideal coin to exploit arbitrage between less liquid and more liquid markets.
The rise of "dividend" coins"
The next year should be one where the stretched valuations are questioned, and those coins that pay out a form of dividend and can thus be easily valued will become a safe harbor. NEO, EOS, ARK, VEN,OMG among others should gain favor. We actually saw NEO do particularly well in this recent downturn. I expect to see a lot more also following this dividend payment model.
**The move away ...
2. A Simplified Example of Arbitraging Bitcoin. Let’s take a simple arbitrage example in order to illustrate how arbitrage is done. At the time of writing, the price of Bitcoin on Bitstamp is $11,561 while the price of Bitcoin on CEX.io is $11,645.. The difference between prices is $84, and this is quite a decent opportunity for arbitraging. Crypto Arbitrage Today – BTC, ETH, XLM, XRP, LTC, XMR. By. JP Buntinx - December 6, 2018. Facebook. Twitter. ReddIt . Telegram. As the cryptocurrency markets show signs of recovery – or further declines, depending on the currency – new arbitrage opportunities will be unlocked accordingly. There are still plenty of ways to make good money in this industry, although it may sometimes depend ... The arbitrage opportunities involving Bitcoin are almost too numerous to list right now. Selling on EXMO or Livecoin will yield profits regardless of where one obtained BTC from. The bigger gaps include buying on Kraken, Gate, Binance, Poloniex, and Bittrex. Even the least profitable arbitrage gaps will yield a 1.5% profit, which makes for a lot of opportunities worth exploring. Litecoin (LTC) Price Prediction and News. Litecoin (LTC) Price Analysis: Key Supports Nearby, Bulls In Control 2020/10/15 - 2:28 Litecoin price traded above the $48.00 and $50.00 resistance levels against the US Dollar. LTC price is currently trading above the $48.50 support level and the 55 simple moving average (4-hours). There is a major ... Since the 10th August 2019 we have been capturing market data from Huobi DM's and Binance's LTCCQ to LTCBTC arbitrage opportunities, currently there is an available 1.4930% return executing this swap as it is currently displaying reliable arbitrage return this week, the match is sitting at 47.532692 at 10:04 today with a profit of 0.00006432 BTC for every one BTC traded. Huobi DM Binance with LTC_CQ LTCUSDT reached a seven day period high on the 10th October 2020 at 13:45 indicating a 51.48% decrease from the 90 day high of 2.469, making a difference of -1.271 over 69 days, the match currently is spread at 0.802 at 01:49 today looking at profit of 0.00007137 BTC for every 1 BTC spent. Arbitrage from: Arbitrage to: Base Markets. Top 100. Update. Search. Profit Market Coin Asks Bids ... Xypher offers different tools to monitor Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrencies at once. Learn More. Telegram Channels Advertise Exchanges Changelog Roadmap Sign Up. Xypher Alerts Whale Sniper Xypher Screeners Crypto Screener Volume Screener Arbitrage Screener Chart Screener Xypherian ... The purple line shows the gain from arbitrage opportunity of buying BTC via LTC and ETH. The blue line represents the fee on Binance. For arbitrage to be profitable, the gain lines (orange and purple) should be always above the fee line (blue). Fees. By now, hopefully, you have identified an arbitrage opportunity and know how much percent you will gain if the orders will be executed in the ... binance arbitrage opportunities and several buy/sell options on binance exchange. We found 166 important crypto arbitrage offers on BINANCE (www.binance.com) binance prices and binance arbitrage data last updated: 40 secs ago. Arbitrage; Prices; Info; All markets listed have a volume more than or equal to 0.25 BTC! Coin: Buy Exchange: Buy Price: Sell Exchange: Sell Price: Profit % NMR-BTC ... If you are a cryptocurrency enthusiast, looking to start profiting from cryptocurrency, the word arbitrage must have flashed in your face at least a couple of times, while researching on ways to make profits with cryptocurrency. Even if it hasn’t, and this is your first time coming across this term, presented here is a beginner’s guide to the world of crypto trading arbitrage. Hopefully ...
[index]          
* Free Bitcoin * Dogecoin * ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, #bitcoin #paymentproof #Binance For copyright matters please contact us at : [email protected] Contact Number 076 3535043. Category Education ... Robot check all BINANCE markets every second. If robot detect anomaly buyers activity, he send signal to telegram group and youtube. It is raw data. On youtube stream have delay, in telegram ... BTC HACKING A BITCOIN CLOUD MINING Bot freebitco in 1 EASY MONEY WAY. Loading... Unsubscribe from EASY MONEY WAY? Cancel Unsubscribe. Working... Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 140. Loading ... Arbitrage Crypto Bot for Binance Hitbtc Bittrex Yobit 2020 ... Cryptocurrency and Bitcoin BTC Trading Bot - Duration: 14:49. Life Zoltar 60,316 views. 14:49. Bitcoin Trading Bot for Binance ... A question has been raised about Binance trading by one of the viewers. Herakles thank you for your question, I hope this helps. Fish. 👍 Thank You Very Much ... Binance borsasına türk borsasından nasıl para transfer edileceği anlatılmıştır. Üye olmak için : https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=12819503 Kanal ... tuto binance francais - achat / vente / trading sur marge - achat crypto monnaie altcoin et bitcoin - duration: 32:57. Cryptanalyst - Analyses crypto FR 12,507 views 32:57 Bitcoin's Bank Run Pump! It is all about to happen! Binance / Brave / BAT Partnership Top 2 altcoins to buy! ATM's running out of fiat! For Business Inquiries: [email protected] ... ARBITRAGE TRADING BITCOIN sell bitcoin, earn with bitcoin, how to arbitrage and trade bitcoin How to Use Stock Market Scanners A cryptocurrency arbitrage opportunity calculator and trading bot Bigger Bitcoin, BTC Donations, Binance Trading Pairs & LTC Giveaway The Modern Investor. Loading... Unsubscribe from The Modern Investor? Cancel Unsubscribe. Working... Subscribe Subscribed ...