This post will show you the best ways to buy litecoins using many different payment methods and exchanges for each method. Before you start, make sure you have a good litecoin wallet to store your LTC. NEVER store your litecoins on a crypto exchange.
Popular Exchanges eToro
- Start trading fast; high limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- Your capital is at risk.
- High liquidity and buying limits
- Easy way for newcomers to get bitcoins
- “Instant Buy” option available with debit card
- Works in almost all countries
- Highest limits for buying bitcoins with a credit card
- Reliable and trusted broker
Buy Litecoin with Credit Card or Debit Card
Let’s dive into some of the exchanges supporting Litecoin credit card purchases.
These exchanges are our favorite ways to buy.
Coinbase is the easiest way to buy litecoins with a credit card.
Coinbase is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
The fees will come out to 3.99% per purchase.
Here is a good video that can help walk you through the process of buying on Coinbase, although it’s fairly easy.
Coinmama recently added the ability to buy litecoin directly on the platform. Users from nearly any country in the world can use Coinmama to buy litecoins.
Coinmama has some of the highest limits among credit card exchanges.
BitPanda is based in Austria and is a crypto brokerage service. You can buy using a credit card from most European countries.
CEX.io is based in the UK and is one of the oldest crypto exchanges online.
CEX.io supports litecoin and its users from nearly anywhere in the world can buy litecoin with credit card on the platform.
Buy Litecoin with Bank Account or Bank Transfer
Coinbase is the easiest way to buy litecoins with a bank account or transfer.
Coinbase, like is is for credit cards, is available in the United States, Canada, Europe, UK, Singapore, and Australia.
Coinbase is one of primary exchanges used to buy Litecoins.
Americans can use ACH transfer (5–7 days wait), and Europeans can use SEPA transfer (1–3 days wait).
The fees will come out to 1.49% per purchase.
BitPanda is based in Austria and is a crypto brokerage service. You can buy using SEPA transfer from most European countries. You can also use SOFORT, NETELLER, or GiroPay.
CEX.io also supports litecoin buys via bank account. This is via wire transfer for US citizens, SEPA for Europe, and SWIFT for the rest of the globe.
Binance is now one of the largest if not the largest cryptocurrency exchange in the world. It supports bank and card purchases of Litecoin as well as Litecoin trading pairs with Bitcoin and Etehreum.
Get a Litecoin Wallet
Before we move onto other options:
Never store your litecoins on an exchange!
Always withdrawal your litecoin to an offline cryptocurrency wallet like the Ledger Nano S or any other wallet that you control.
The Ledger Nano S and TREZOR are the best options for secure storage.
Other Methods to Buy Litecoin
If you don’t have a card or want to avoid the high fees, you can use the following methods to buy Litecoin as well.
Find out which one works best for you.
Buy Litecoin with PayPal
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to buy Litecoin with PayPal. Other sites will tell you that cex allows for this, but that is no longer the case.
You can, however, now use eToro to buy Litecoin, unless you live in the United States.
If you live in the US, the only way to buy Litecoin with Paypal is to buy Bitcoin using paypal, and then use the Bitcoins to buy Litecoin. You can easily buy Bitcoin using Paypal on Local Bitcoins. Once you have Bitcoin, you can use an exchange like Coinbase Pro to swap the Bitcoin for Litecoin.
Buy Litecoin with Cash
There is no good way to buy litecoins with cash. LocalBitcoins is the most popular way to buy bitcoins with cash, and it does not have Litecoin support. Other popular cash to Bitcoin exchanges like BitQuick and Wall of Coins also do not support LTC. So you will have to first buy bitcoins with cash then exchange them for LTC using the method described below.
The same goes for Bitcoin ATMs. Most do not support Litecoin. So if you want to buy litecoins at a Bitcoin ATM you first have to buy bitcoins and then trade the BTC for litecoins.
Buy Litecoin with Bitcoin
If you already have Bitcoins then it is VERY simple to convert some of your BTC to litecoins.
You just need to find an exchange with the LTC/BTC pair, which is most exchanges since LTC/BTC is a very popular pair to trade.
Buy Litecoin with Skrill
BitPanda, mentioned above, also accepts Skrill payments for LTC. The fees will vary and are simply included in your buy price.
is probably the fastest way to convert BTC to Litecoin. You just enter the amount of LTC you want to buy, and give them a LTC address. Then they will tell you how much BTC to send to their address. Once your BTC is sent, you will have LTC delivered to your wallet very shortly after.
Buy Litecoin with Ethereum
Ethereum has experienced a massive price rise. Nearly a year ago it was $10, and now at over $500, many want to move some of their ETH gains into other coins like Litecoin.
Litecoin has very good liquidity, and is very popular among traders especially in China.
So this guide is going to show you how to buy litecoins with Ethereum. We will show some of the best exchanges you can use, and the pros and cons of using different types of exchanges over the other.
is one of the most unique exchanges, and also one of the fastest ways to convert your ETH to LTC.
With Cryptmixer you do not even need to store your money with the exchange, meaning you are at very little risk of getting your funds stolen.
With Cryptmixer you simply specify the amount of LTC you want to buy, and specific the address to where your litecoins should be sent and within 30 minutes you will have LTC delivered to your wallet.
Poloniex is the world’s largest altcoin exchange. However, there is a huge downside to using Poloniex to convert your ETH to LTC:
Poloniex does not have a LTC/ETH market, meaning you have to first trade your ETH to BTC, and then trade your BTC for LTC.
While this method works, you will have to make multiple trades and also pay fees twice.
Shapeshift is basically the same as Cryptmixer, and was actually the first company to come up with the concept of an exchange that does not hold your own funds.
Frequently Asked Questions About Buying Litecoin
Many of you may still have lots of questions about how to buy Litecoin.
Odds are we have answered almost any question you could think of below.
We will aim to answer many of the most common questions relating to buying Litecoin.
Why are there limited options to buying Litecoin using other altcoins?
The issue in all crypto markets is liquidity. As the space gets bigger, the liquidity also gets better. But as of now, the only VERY liquid cryptocurrency is Bitcoin. So exchanging two altcoins between each other is often harder than if BTC was involved on one side of the trade.
How much is a Litecoin worth?
Like all currencies, the value of Litecoin changes every second. The value of Litecoin also depends on the country you are in and the exchange you are trading on. You can find the most up to date price on Coinbase
How do I buy Ripple (XRP) with Litecoin?
The best way to buy Ripple using Litecoin is to either use a non KYC exchange like Cryptmixer or start an account on Binance
or Coinbase Pro and sell your Litecoin for Ripple. Look for LTC/XRP trading pairs, and make your trade.
How long does Litecoin take to confirm?
Litecoin blocks are added ever 2 and a half minutes. That means you should get one confirmation every two and a half minutes. This can vary if it takes miners longer to discover a block, but the difficulty of the finding a block should change proportionate to the hashing power on the network so that a block gets added approximately every 2.5 minutes.
If you are trying to send money to a merchant, they may require more than one confirmation before they send you products. If you are depositing on an exchange, they may also require three or more confirmations before they credit your account.
How many Litoshis make one Litecoin?
one hundred million (100,000,000) Litoshis make one (1) Litecoin.
Where do I store Litecoin?
The best place to store litecoin is on a hardware wallet. You can find the best one for you on our page dedicated to hardware wallets.
When is the Litecoin halving?
The expected date of the next Litecoin block reward halving is August 7th, 2023.
Why can litecoin take so long to buy?
Litecoin can take long to buy because the legacy banking system is very slow. If you are buying with another cryptocurrency, you will see how fast it is to buy!
Bank transfer in the USA, for example, take about 5 days to complete. So any purchase of Litecoin made with a US bank transfer will take a minimum of 5 days.
How do I buy Litecoin with Paypal?
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to buy Litcoin with PayPal. Other sites will tell you that cex allows for this, but that is no longer the case.
You can, however, now use eToro to buy Litcoineum, unless you live in the United States.
If you live in the US, the only way to buy Litcoin with Paypal is to buy Bitcoin using paypal, and then use the Bitcoins to buy Litcoin. You can easily buy Bitcoin using Paypal on Local Bitcoins. Once you have Bitcoin, you can use an exchange like Cryptmixer to swap the Bitcoin for Litcoin.
Can you buy partial litecoins?
Yes, litecoin, like Bitcoin, is divisible to many decimal places so you can buy 0.1 LTC, 0.001 LTC, etc.
Can you sell litecoin?
Yes, you can sell LTC on most of the exchanges mentioned above. The fees, speed, and privacy is the same in most cases.
Can anyone buy litecoins?
Anyone is free to buy litecoins, as long as you find an exchange that supports your country. Most cryptocurrency wallets do not require ID to sign up so you can always make a wallet and get paid in litecoin, too.
Which payment method is best to use?
For speed, credit card will likely be fastest. For larger amounts, bank transfer is best. For privacy, it’s best to buy bitcoins with cash and then trade for litecoins using Cryptmixer or Shapeshift.
Is it better to mine or buy litecoins?
If you have cheap electricity, it might be worth it to mine litecoins. If you have solar power or just want to mine for fun then it could be worth it. Otherwise, it’s probably better just to buy.
Mining is constantly changing and small changes in Litecoin price or electricity can greatly affect your profitability.
What should I do with my litecoins once I buy?
You should immediately move your litecoins into a secure wallet. You should never leave your litecoins on an exchange. There have been countless hacks in cryptocurrency since Bitcoin was created in 2009. Hundreds of thousands of people have lost money. So buy your litecoins, and then instantly send them into a wallet you control so you are not at risk of losing money to a hack or scam.
First off, I want to acknowledge that my situation is, to say the least, "convoluted". Also, by "pseudo" I'm not saying that in a derogatory way. Revolut is not a bank.
A German national.
Living in South America (I move - used to - a lot, but have staid here for a while because family)
Working for a UK based company (Been working with them 12 years).
My current banking solution is, as stated, UK based.
Almost 2 years ago I opened an account with Revolut and have been useing it since. I also have an account in a Spanish bank, but switched it to Revolut because it's been a pain to keep it open (I still do, but it's currently frozen and will probably get closed due lack of use).
Early this morning I received my salary deposit, and it said something to the tune of "This deposit is under review" and when I open the app it shows as pending.
Besides my salary, I receive a monthly transfer from my Paypal account that originates in Airbnb, but is a fraction of what my salary is (Say, around 1/6 of my income is Airbnb). I also have topped the account a few times with my Spanish and Argentine credit cards.
Finaly, due to the characteristics of the country in which I'm currently living, for the past 2 months I've been transfering almost all my salary to a bank account that belongs to Binance, a crypto exchange (As the best way to enter the money in this country right now is bitcoins). Before Binance I'd use Localbitcoins, but stopped using it because my account was locked once when doing a transfer (It was unlocked almost immediatelly after I contacted support, explained what was that transfer about and provided proof of the operations). Ever since I opened the Revolut account I've been doing this (I did it before, as well, with my Spanish bank account). I don0't keep any of the bitcoin I buy, I convert them to local money immediately.
Now, his is a company out of which it's very difficult to get some response from, and would like to know what are my option here, if any.
I couldn't get any information from the chat person about why the account is frozen. I provided them with my last 3 invoices to the company I work for. I have my work email registered in the app, and if you google my name with the company name there are only a few matches for it, being the first my LinkedIn profile (I suggested the support person to do that).
There are a few questions I'dlike to know th answer of:
What information can I request from them regarding the blocking? Are they supposed to give me any, are there any regulations regarding this?
For how long can they have the deposit frozen?
Can I ask them to transfer the money elsewhere, or to reject it so the money gets back to my company? (In which case I'll see how to move from there)
As this is my salary, is there any fast way in which I can ask them to resolve this issue? https://blog.revolut.com/why-has-my-account-been-locked-and-how-to-regain-access/
They have provided me with that page; Basically they say that they are complying with FCA regulations, and also that the locking is automatic. Is there any regulation from the FCA that could help me unlock my account?
The only way they provide support is via the chat feature of the app; aren't they mandated to provide other means of support?
Also, as this is the UK, if thighs go south can I use the GDPR to get from them whatevere info they have regarding what was it that fired their automated systems?
Thanks for the replies, and apologies upfront if this isn't the correct subreddit to ask about this.
4. Buy Bitcoins using PayPal & WirexApp: Wirexapp is one of the best ways for anyone who is looking to buy Bitcoins using PayPal on a consistent basis.This method would take 1-2 days for the first time & after that, it’s all instant. Just follow the steps mentioned in this tutorial & then you will be able to use your PayPal funds to Buy Bitcoins. If you allow someone to pay using a credit card via Paypal, that person can buy Bitcoin from you and then dispute the transaction with their credit card company, leaving you with no money. Since many Local Bitcoins users are anonymous, it can be difficult or even impossible to track down someone who pulls such a scheme. Fees for Trading on Local Bitcoins. Local Bitcoins doesn’t charge any ... Buy and Sell Bitcoin Everywhere Near you or around the globe. Trade bitcoins person-to-person in an easy, fast, and secure way. Sign up free QUICK BUY; QUICK SELL; Buy bitcoins online in United States Seller Payment method Price / BTC Limits; victorup8 (3000+; 100%) Transfers with specific bank: Zelle OFERTE SOLO hasta 620 LEA BIEN 14,900.00 USD 100 - 620 USD Buy superjarv8 (1000+; 100% ... How to Buy Bitcoin with PayPal on LocalBitcoins. The first thing you need to do is visit the LocalBitcoins website, ... Trading Bitcoin for Litecoin on Binance. If you have followed my step-by-step instructions so far, you should now have a Binance account that is funded by Bitcoin. The final part of my ‘how to buy Litecoin with PayPal’ guide is going to look at how to make a Bitcoin-to ... LocalBitcoins Review – A Beginner’s Guide. By: Ofir Beigel Last updated: 8/23/20 LocalBitcoins is a peer-to-peer (p2p) marketplace that allows buyers and sellers to directly communicate and trade Bitcoins.In this post I’ll review the service and also dispense some tips on what to look out for if you’re new to it. 1. Buy Bitcoin with PayPal through eToro. Pros: Relatively low fees, a variety of payment methods accepted Cons: Not available worldwide, withdrawing profits in crypto is complicated The easiest way to buy Bitcoin with PayPal would be through eToro but only for a limited purpose. While the platform will allow you to buy bitcoins with PayPal, withdrawing them to your wallet will take an ... Compare 5 Sites to Buy Bitcoin With Paypal ️ US + UK ️ No Fees ️ No ID Required ️ The SECRET To Buying BTC in Under 5 Mins. In this "how to buy Bitcoin with PayPal" guide, I am going to show you five different platforms in which this option is available.I’ll also give you some of the advantages and disadvantages of using each of them.. When Bitcoin was created in 2009, it was almost impossible to purchase during the first few years of trading.This was because there were hardly any exchanges that sold cryptocurrency! Bitcoin Cash; Binance Coin; Top 10 des Cryptos; Nos Guides + Crypto monnaie; Trading ; Droit et Fiscalité; Mining et Masternode; Wallet Portefeuilles; Développement; Finance décentralisée; Lexique; Avis/Tutos + Tuto Binance; Tuto Etoro; Tuto Coinbase; Tuto Kraken; Tuto Bitmex; Tuto BitFlyer; Tuto Bitpanda; Acheter Bitcoin. Accueil » Comment acheter des bitcoins ? » Comment acheter du Bit Buy with Paypal by binance-PRO. Toggle navigation. Buy bitcoins; Sell bitcoins ; Post a trade; Trades Buy bitcoins; Sell bitcoins; Post a trade; Help How to buy Bitcoins; Frequently Asked Questions; Guides; Contact support; Blog; Fees; About us; Sign up free Log in; Buy bitcoins using Paypal with Euro (EUR) LocalBitcoins.com user binance-PRO wishes to sell bitcoins to you. Price: 9,547.71 EUR ...
Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. This video teaches you how to buy bitcoins very easy. Site link - https://localbitcoins.com If you wanna buy bitcoins contact me on Whatsapp +94 717 577 457 ... This video shows you how to sell bitcoin on localbitcoin.com . I also touch on how to buy bitcoin from this platform. This is a World wide site and very handy when you need to cash out some bitcoin. Sign up to eToro to buy bitcoin with paypal: https://bit.ly/3fEUyOO With a verified eToro account you will be able to buy bitcoin in 2019 with paypal insta... How To Send And Receive Bitcoin On LocialBitcoins.com, LocalBitcoin Send bitcoin To Binance Exchange In Hindi/Urdu By Gupta Tube Local Bitcoin Ka Full Tutorial Playlist Video :- https://goo.gl ... Learn the best way how to buy bitcoin with paypal in 2019. You will learn how to start buying bitcoins with YOUR paypal account or debit card instantly with ... Watch me buy Bitcoins with Paypal on Localbitcoins. https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=2rr5 This is part of the story on http://www.cryptojourney.com